Faith, Hope, and Love - Taxol #4

I'm not going to lie... it has been a rough week.  Owen came down with a cold and high fever last weekend and missed two days of school last week.  Then on Tuesday I began to feel rundown and the cold symptoms slowly progressed.  Thankfully when I went for chemo on Friday, my white blood cell count was up.  The nurse said that this was a great sign that my body was working to fight the cold off.  My chemo session went well and I even felt a little better immediately following the treatment.  Then Saturday morning came, and I felt horrible.  I had a temperature of 99.4 most of the day.  For most people this would not be a big deal.  However, when you are on chemotherapy, they do not want you to pop a couple of Tylenol to get the fever to go down.  Instead, they want you to monitor your temperature all day and track what it's doing.  I laid low all day, but the temperature kept rising.  By evening it got up to 100.3.  When it gets above 100.4, they say you need to call the 24/7 number and speak to a nurse.  Often they have you go to the hospital to get checked out.  I wanted to avoid this at all costs.  Thankfully my temperature started going down once it reached the 100.3 level.  By Sunday morning, my temperature was back to its normal morning temp of 97.0.  My non-doctor diagnosis is that my body had too much to process between fighting the cold and processing the chemo.  I'm hopeful that another day of rest today will be enough to get me on the road to recovery.

Even though it has been a rough week, I am still thankful.  I realize that it could have been much worse.  I am thankful that my body was able to fight the infection on its own.  I am thankful for a husband that changed his own birthday party plans and took on doing fun things with Owen so that I could rest.  I am thankful for Jason's grandparents who at the last minute hosted his birthday party for me. I am thankful for Jason's mom who watched Owen on Monday and Tuesday when he couldn't go to school and made his birthday cake.  I am thankful for my parents who watched Owen Saturday night in case Jason and I had to go into the hospital.  I am thankful for all of you that prayed for me when I posted about my cold on Facebook.

This journey can be really hard sometimes.  Just when I was starting to feel "normal" again, I was reminded that cancer is serious business.  I'm choosing to look at this as a reminder.  A reminder to hold close to my faith.  A reminder that even when I am down, there is hope that things will turn around.  And a reminder that I am surrounded by love.


Faith, Hope, and Love

Comments

  1. Continued prayers that you continue to fight off this cold and feel better ASAP. Thankfully you are a fighter as well as an awesome person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are fighting this off. I remember when Jason was born...so exciting..he was the first nephew or niece. I was thinking of him on his birthday. We'll keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely surrounded by love...Hoping you are feeling MUCH better!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Round 2

Life is tough but so am I...

Round #6... Sunny Skies Ahead!