Round #6... Sunny Skies Ahead!



I had my final round of red sunshine today. 🌞  My oncologist was on vacation so I saw a different oncologist.  He was very amazed by how well I am doing and said I could be a poster child for the toughest chemo treatment there is.  I'm feeling very blessed that I have responded to and tolerated this treatment so well.  I also met with palliative care.  Apparently I was referred back in May when I was in a lot of pain and the referral got lost in the system.  They insisted I meet with them, but the doctor quickly realized there was no need to meet because I am not in any pain and I am experiencing very few side effects.  My 60 minute appointment turned into a 15 minute visit.

Forever thankful for my beautiful sister.


In the next few weeks I will have a PET scan and MRI to look at how much progress has been made. I'm excited for these results.  We are still waiting to hear what the next treatment will be.  The tumor tissue is still being analyzed.  Hopefully we will know in the next week or so what the plan will be.



Jason and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary on Wednesday.  Nine years ago when we said our vows, neither of us knew what was heading our way.  I am grateful for the 8+ healthy years we had together and am choosing to cherish the extra time we have been able to spend with each other during my treatments.  He has been by my side every step of the way on this journey.  He started going to all my doctor appointments well before I received my diagnosis and never doubted my pain.  I will always be thankful that he was such an advocate for me so early on.  There is no doubt in my mind that he is my soul mate and we were meant for each other.  So thankful for Jason's parents, too, that brought him up to be a true gentleman.  I'll never forget how he opened the car door for me on our first few dates until my independent side told him that I could open my own door.  Since being sick, though, he has gone back to opening car doors for me.  He also carries a Vera Bradley bag well.  πŸ˜‚ (Wish I had a photo, but I can't find one...)


A post-chemo/pre-anniversary celebratory green healthy drink... "Refreshing Matcha Apple Spritzer"

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.  Moving on to the next phase is both exciting and scary.  My red sunshine worked and didn't make me sick.  I have no way of knowing how I will react to the next treatment.  Please pray for wisdom for my doctors, peace and comfort for my family, and patience for me.  "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

Comments

  1. You are an inspirational woman and you both are an inspirational couple. You both make my heart smile. Prayers and love as your journey continues, as well as a very happy Anniversary πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤❤😭❤❤πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sweet to hear you count your blessings.
    Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you dear Rosanna and Jason and Owen and your families.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m forever thankful for you! �� always in my prayers ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so heartened after reading this post! You are such a strong woman. Best wishes as you continue your treatment journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Round 2

Life is tough but so am I...