My Best Friend's Wedding / Treatment 3 Update

In May of 2018 my best friend got engaged and has been planning her wedding ever since.  I was super honored when she asked me to be in her big day last summer.  When I got my breast cancer diagnosis, I was afraid that I would not be able to participate in her day, but I was determined to at least be there.  Through the grace of God, not only was I able to be there, but I was able to participate in all of the most important parts of the weekend.  She was the most beautiful bride and I was so happy to be there while she started the next chapter in her life with her wonderful husband, Josh.  Congratulations, Erin and Josh.  I wish you a lifetime of happiness.  Thanks for having me be a part of your day.  Love to you both!  💕

She has been my best friend my whole life.  Love you, Erin!  



Treatment 3 went well.  My doctor is still encouraged by the visual improvements.  I'm encouraged by the increase in energy and decrease in pain.  I go back to Dana-Farber on July 8.  My hope is to get a timeline of the next steps in this process.  I still have a long road of chemo, surgery, and radiation ahead of me, but with everyday I am a little closer to the end of the intensive treatment journey.  One day at a time.

Nevertheless, she persisted!


The only negative side effects I'm experiencing are fatigue and hair loss.  I am very thankful for this and sometimes need to remind myself how much worse it could be.  I also need to remind myself not to push myself too hard.  In the moments that I'm feeling well, I want to accomplish a lot.  Unfortunately, I often pay for that the next day.  I'm trying to work out a balance where I push myself a little bit to gain strength, but not too much.

I am reminded daily how blessed I am.  My husband is the most wonderful man.  He has taken on many roles while I've been sick.  He cleans our house, cooks, takes care of Owen, and continues to run his business.  I'm not quite sure how he does it all, but I am incredibly grateful.  On top of all that, he somehow manages to keep me smiling, even in the difficult moments.

A wonderful weekend away from the constant reminder of cancer!


And lastly... so thankful for my wonderful parents and sister.  They mean the world to me.  

Comments

  1. Seeing you at Erin's wedding is so heartwarming. I'm very glad to hear that your treatment is progressing well. We're all holding you in our hearts through all of this. You are loved by so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing and beautiful person inside and out! Thank you for including us in this chapter of life. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for happy days! All my love and prayers each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosanna! I used the link you gave me to make it over to your blog. I'm so glad you were able to attend your friend's wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is tough but so am I...

Round 2

Round #6... Sunny Skies Ahead!