Life is tough but so am I...

My hair started to fall out in large clumps after my second chemo treatment.  I had so much hair and it was so thick.   It was so painful to watch it all happen.  I cried with every clump that fell and it just was not healthy to do so anymore.  After crying a lot Saturday evening and into the morning on Sunday, I asked Jason to call his mom to bring her clippers over and shave it off. She cried with me, prayed with me, and shaved it all off without saying a word.  Surprisingly, once the decision had been made, there were very few tears.  Yes, I miss it.  But I'm determined that I'll get better and have long, thick hair once again.  So the next time you see me, I'll be wearing a beanie or head scarf.

As hard as that was... I have been reminded several times this week of something really important.  I look healthy again.  I've had several people comment that they wouldn't know I was sick just by looking at me (except for that pesky beanie I wear...). This means that chemo IS working.  A month ago, taking a bath or a shower resulted in me losing all energy and laying on the bathroom floor for an hour or two to get my energy up enough to get back in bed.  My bathroom is literally 10 steps from my bed and I couldn't make it.  This week I have left the house everyday to run small errands.  I have even started to drive short distances.  I can walk to the mailbox and back.  I can go grocery shopping.  I will never take small things for granted again.

I am so thankful for the healing that is taking place.  I am so thankful for all of you that read my blog, send me love and warm wishes, and for those of you that are praying for me.  The healing process continues.  I have faith that I will get better.  Chemo is hard, but so far the benefits are far outweighing the negatives.  Please pray that the chemo continues to do its job with minimal side effects.  I will go back for Round 3 on Tuesday.





Probably the last photo of me before I shaved my head.  This was Owen's fourth birthday.

Comments

  1. Oh, Rosanna, my heart is with you, and I want you to know that I am praying for you!!! I can only imagine the trauma of having to shave your head, but I can see your dear, sweet mother-in-law being ever so tender at this time, and the prayers.... Keep looking to the Lord, and remembering all the prayers of those who may never have met you, but love you as part of their family!!! You can do this for "With God, all things are possible"!!!! Hugs and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BEAUTIFUL and full of life and determination! But,...it is very much ok to cry and feel down. That is part of the process, I suppose. Just know and believe that there are so many right beside you with shoulders and hearts of encouragement and support! We love you! One day....One victory!🌷💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to impress me every time I see you or read your posts! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Prayers and love continue for you and your boys. Hope to visit with you soon 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so great that you can feel progress even though losing your hair was so very difficult! I'm glad the chemo is doing its job and you are feeling stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend since childhood is also battling breast cancer and although I never take life for granted, Watching her courage and will to beat this is a reminder to enjoy the simple things and be grateful for each and every day. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. You are also a courageous warrior and my heart goes out to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm a 13 year cancer survivor by the Grace of God❤️ Hugs��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosanna, You DO look wonderful and healthy. You are glowing with bright light. I know your hair will grow back and be just as beautiful as before. If you want a walking buddy, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an answer to prayer and sweet relief to find your new blog and hear about continued improvement! Thank you for sharing your story and endearing yourself to us and others who have never met you. ...Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Round 2

Round #6... Sunny Skies Ahead!